Kirriemuir Fair Trade Forum
12th September 2013 6.30pm Old Parish
Present: Ronnie Proctor,Anne Pole, Eric Summers, Catriona Duff, Clare Ross, Mary Mays, Monica Hodgkinson, Bob Harley, Malcolm Rooney [Chair]
Apols: Sonia Proctor, Graeme Hodge, Claire Broadhurst, Emily Wright
- 1. Welcome and Introductions
Bob Harley was welcomed and Catriona was welcomed back.
- 2. Previous Minute
Minute of 24th June was approved
- 3. Matters Arising
The Kirriemuir heat of the Angus Bake Off took place at a Coffee Morning on 31st August. There were 8 entrants and the winner was Victoria Johnston with her Toffee Apple Upside Down Cake, Sophie Popham was second with Courgette Cake with Rhubarb Curd and Helen Taylor was third with Sticky Gingerbread. Victoria goes forward to the Angus Final on Saturday 14th September at 11.30am in Forfar Mart.
The Coffee Morning income was £79.00, Expenses £26.90 leaving a profit of £52.10. The balance in the funds is £246.69. A further £74 was taken in Traidcraft sales.
- Rotary have agreed to a joint Coffee Morning. Date to be arranged.
- 4. Recent Activity
The Forum had sales and information stalls at …
Cortachy Highland Games
- 5. Tasks in the Pipeline
- i. Audit of Businesses
The Audit of town businesses re Fairtrade products still has to be carried out and this will be done during Fairtrade Fortnight byWebstersHigh Schoolpupils.
- ii. Joining the Dots Project
It was agreed to try to identify all that the community was doing in terms of the Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change. This would provide a big picture of all that was being done in Kirriemuir. Still to be done.
- iii. Fair Trade Banners
Anne will take this forward.
- iv. Representation on Forum
Bob is representing St Mary’s at the moment. St Andrewsto be encouraged to come along.
6. Future Events
- Kilry Table Sale 19th October 2 to 4pm Set up from 1pm. £10 per table. Claire willing to help.
- Southmuir Primary Shopping Evening 8th November 7 to 9pm. £10 per table plus raffle prize.
- Possible Christmas Market to coincide with switching on of lights in Kirriemuir 7th December
- Possible opportunity at Websters Achiever Awards evening and the school concert.
- Anne will find out about the Glamis Christmas Fair
- Malcolm suggested a Film Evening – date to be decided.
- 7. Any other business
- i. Anne will contact Kirrie Churches Together about having Fairtrade Hot Chocolate at the switching on of the lights.
- ii. Storage boxes to be purchased to carry goods to events.