Kirriemuir Fair Trade Forum
22nd October 2013 6.30pm Old Parish
Present: Ronnie Proctor,Anne Pole, Catriona Duff, Clare Ross, Mary Mays, Emily Wright, Bob Harley, Malcolm Rooney [Chair]
Apols: Sonia Proctor, Eric Summers, Graeme Hodge, Claire Broadhurst, Monica Hodgkinson
1. Previous Minute
Minute of 12th September was approved
2. Matters Arising
i. Audit of Businesses
The Audit of town businesses re Fairtrade products still has to be carried out and this will be done during Fairtrade Fortnight byWebstersHigh Schoolpupils.
ii. Joining the Dots Project
Mike Kiely of Rotary is planning a health project and this could involve the whole community.
iii. Fair Trade Banners
Anne will try to have this ready for the November Christmas Fair in the Old Parish.
iv. Representation on Forum
St Andrews have been invited to send someone to the meetings but so far no-one has attended. St Anthony’s still to be approached..
- Kilry Table Sale 19th October Emily amd Claire attended and sold over £40 of Traidcraft goods.
- Southmuir Primary Shopping Evening 8th November 7 to 9pm. £10 per table plus raffle prize. Emily available.
- Possible Christmas Market to coincide with switching on of lights in Kirriemuir 7th December
- Possible opportunity at Websters Achiever Awards evening and the school concert.
- Anne will find out about the Glamis Christmas Fair
- Malcolm suggested a Film Evening – date to be decided.
3. Monica’s e-mail
In response to the point about the schools auditing the businesses locally, this will take place during Fairtrade Fortnight 2014.
A flier will also be prepared to distribute locally to raise awareness of Fairtrade.
4. The 5 Goals
We looked at the 5 goals set at the first meeting in November 2012 and felt that we are progressing steadily towards the goals
5. Future Events
In addition to those in 2 above, the Forum has a table booked at the Christmas Fair in Kirriemuir Old Parish Church Hall on 16th November which costs £18. It lasts from 10am until 4pm. Mary thinks she can be there from 10am til 12noon.
Clare mentioned the Late Night Shopping Evening in Kirriemuir on 4th December and we may do a stall in the church hall with coffee.
Coffee Morning for Fairtrade Fortnight – 8th March 2014
Date of next meeting – to be confirmed in 2014
The meeting ended at 7.00pm