Kirriemuir Fairtrade Forum Constitution
Monday 4th February 2013 Old Parish Halls 6.30pm
Rev Malcolm Rooney – GKOPC
Clare Ross – GKOPC
Anne Pole – GKOPC
Cllr Jeanette Gaul – Angus Council
Monica Hodgkinson – Local Resident
Andrew Tough -SouthmuirPrimary School
Cllr Ronnie Proctor – Angus Council
Catriona Duff – Webster’s High School
Emily Wright – GKOPC
Lee Haxton – Community Planning Officer
Eric Summers – Webster’s High School
1. The minute of the meeting of 17th December was agreed
2. Matters Arising
2.1 Forum Constitution – Cllr Gaul asked that the constitution be signed by the Chairman, Vice Chairman & secretary as that is a requirement of Angus Council. This will be attended to.
2.2 Fairtrade Fortnight Events
It was agreed to limit this to two events – Coffee morning on Saturday 9th March and the Press Release
2.3 Survey of Kirrie businesses This will be carried out by Webster’s Pupils in the Spring of 2013 – still to be done
2.4 Additional Members Letters will be sent to local Churches and Schools and Organisations inviting them to send a representative to the Forum – still to be done.
2.5 Community Council Malcolm Rooney spoke to the Community Council and received 100% support.
2.6 Angus Ahead website Lee had suggested using the website to publicise events and meetings and this is still to be done.
3. Coffee Morning on 9th March
Helpers – appeal in GKOPC newsletter.
Clare suggested using ground coffee rather than instant – agreed.
Clare to co-ordinate baking using Fairtrade recipes & ingredients.
Publicity – Malcolm & Anne to organise
Stall – Anne & Emily to organise.
Music – Eric will see if he can organise pupils to play.
Other points – entry £2 and will run from 10am to 12noon.
4. Facebook Contacts via Sustainable Kirriemuir – the minutes were posted and received 87 hits. A copy was given to Monica for the archive.
5. AOB – Southmuir Parent Council have a Coffee Morning booked for 18th May and they will use Fairtrade products for it. The Forum will also take a table which will cost £10.
6. Date of next meeting – Tuesday 19th March at 6.30pm.