Kirriemuir Fair Trade Forum
5th February 2014 6.30pm Old Parish
Present: Ronnie Proctor,Anne Pole, Rob Norrie, Rosie Waddell, Catriona Duff, Clare Ross, Bob Harley, Malcolm Rooney [Chair] Eric Summers,
Apols: Claire Broadhurst,Emily Wright, Monica Hodgkinson, Jeanette Gaul
- 1. Welcome
Malcolm welcomed Rosie Waddell and Rob Norrie as representatives of Websters High School.
- 2. Previous Minute
Minute of 22nd October was approved
- 3. Matters Arising
- i. Audit of Businesses
Second year pupils at Webster’sHigh Schoolhave this in hand and will be completed during Fairtrade Fortnight.
- ii. Joining the Dots Project
This will focus on health at first.
- iii. Fair Trade Banners
The banner was delivered in time for the GKOPC Fair and has been used several times since. Angus Fairtrade zone have now purchased a banner after seeing this one.
- iv. Representation on Forum
No more progress.
- 4. Events
- Southmuir Primary Christmas Shopping Evening on 8th November – Anne & Emily
- Memus Autumn Fair on 9th November – Emily
- GKOPC Christmas Fair on 16th November – Mary & Anne
- Isla Primary Christmas Shopping Evening on 21st November – Clare
- Glamis Christmas Fair on 1st December – Emily
- Film Evening took place in Memus Hall and ‘Chasing Ice’ was shown
- 5. The 5 Goals
We are almost ready to fill in the application form – Malcolm & Anne will complete.
- 6. Fairtrade Fortnight
The Coffee Morning is on Saturday 8th March and helpers are required. Materials have been ordered form the Fairtrade Foundation.
It was decided to participate in the Rice Challenge and Anne will order the 90kg rice from Just Trading Scotland for the Coffee Morning.
It was also agreed to order the new range of cleaning products from Traidcraft and Real Easter Eggs for the 8th.
The next meeting will be the AGM on Wednesday 12th March 2014 at 6.30pm.
The meeting ended at 7.00pm